Brett Young - Ready For Spotlight
If Brett Young isn't on your musical radar by now, the “Sleep Without You” singer will be. Young is about to take the country world by storm with his self titled debut album. Brett’s highly anticipated debut album will be released February 10th under Big Machine records.
With his honest lyrics and West Coast meets Southern sound, aptly dubbed “Caliville” style. He has left his mark with fans young and old and was just recently named one of Shazam’s “Emerging Artists of 2017”. Young worked with producer Dann Huff, out of Nashville on the album. Huff also worked with artists such as Keith Urban and Thomas Rhett. Brett co-wrote 11 of the 12 tracks, including his debut Number 1 hit single “Sleep Without You”. The follow-up single, “In Case You Didn’t Know”, is currently being introduced to Country radio and has already hit #1 on SiriusXM’s The Highway.
The Country Source was honored to have an early listen of Young’s album. I had so much built up anticipation before listening and I was not disappointed. From the first track “Sleep Without You” Brett reels you in. This album makes you want to get up and dance, wish you were falling in love for the first time all over again, or being thankful you’re not on the other side of heartbreak. Brett’s appeal has the young and old able to relate.
Young’s songwriting paints a vivid picture of new love “Olivia Mae” and new heartbreak “Left Side Of Leavin’”. His voice is unique, a little bit of gravel and a lot of smooth seduction. This album is a perfect combination of great hooks, vocals and lyrics.
When I first heard Brett Young he was doing a radio tour last year. I was immediately a fan the minute he started singing. Some artists are great singers, some are great songwriters, and some completely own it all. Brett is one of those artists, from his unique smokey voice, to his wonderful storytelling in his songwriting, to his sing along hits like “Sleep Without You” there is no doubt the only place Brett is going is straight up the country music charts.
You can catch Brett on the road In addition to his own headlining dates, the California native will soon join Luke Bryan’s KILL THE LIGHTS TOUR and Justin Moore and Lee Brice for their AMERICAN MADE TOUR.
MY MUST LISTEN TO LIST:
1) "Olivia Mae"- succession song from first glance, falling in love, proposal, and wedding. Haven't had a great succession song like this since Tim McGraw's 1994 hit “Don't Take the Girl”.
2) "In Case You Didn’t Know" - Bound to be one of the top wedding songs of 2017. Beautiful love song.
3) "Left Side of Leavin’" - Pop infused song about a breakup, and how sometimes you end up on the hurt side of it, breakups don't break even. Catchy lyrics.
4) "Beautiful Believer" - Great song about the cheering section we all hope to have in life. The person that believes in you no matter the circumstances. Young’s voice shines.
5) "Sleep Without You" - First single off the album with sweet lyrics about love and commitment this song is the perfect introduction to Brett, his songwriting and voice.