The XL Guide to Luke Bryan at Target Field
by Alicia Pack
Luke Bryan is heading to Target Field this Saturday to headline his “What Makes You Country Tour – XL Stadium Sized” and bringing along country crooners Sam Hunt, Jon Pardi and Morgan Wallen. Grab your favorite pair of tight jeans and start your party game plan now because you won’t want this night to end.
Downtown is closed. Not really, but it does seem that way with most downtown exits being closed for construction. See which exits are closed from I-35 and where to park once you arrive at Target Field. Better yet, avoid the construction nightmare by bobbing up down on the Red or Blue Metro Lines and grab an all-day pass for $5 to raise a glass or have a bite at the pre-parties.
Gates at Target Field open at 4:00 p.m., but head out early to join the pre-parties. Stop by these local hot spots for radio station giveaways, to drink a beer and to kick the dust up.
- K102 at Cowboy Jack’s with Chris and McKaila at 2 p.m. Enjoy meals large enough for the whole herd, including tater tot hot dish, sloppy Jack’s and chili.
- K102 at Brother’s Bar with Maverick and Kia at 2 p.m. From lemon drop shots and Tito’s to five cheese chicken stacks and beer battered cheese curds, there’s a little something for everyone.
- K102 at Sneaky Pete’s with J.R. at 2 p.m. Whether you’re looking for a variety of food or cold drinks, Sneaky Pete’s is the ultimate fun destination.
- K102 at Target Field plaza with Amy James at 2 p.m.
- K102 at O’Donovan’s at 2 p.m. Stop here for Irish favorites and happy hour from 3-6 p.m.
- BUZ’N 102.9 at Kieran’s Irish Pub from 2-6 p.m. Located next to Target Field, throwback a pint or a corned beef Rueben.
You’ve beat the construction, enjoyed all the Minneapolis pre-parties have to offer and now it’s time for the big show. If you purchased will call tickets, you can pick them up at the gate, but you will need to show the original credit card used by the purchaser and a valid photo ID with a signature. For a mobile ticket, screenshot your ticket with the code or download the Ticketmaster app to display your ticket code at the gate. No bags or purses larger than 5x7 and are subject to inspection before entering. After the show, skip the traffic and crowed trains by trying a craft beer at nearby breweries Inbound, Fulton, Modist or Clockwerks.
Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, John Pardi and Morgan Wallen are sure to put on one of the most memorable and wild concert events of the year, so don’t miss out. Tickets are still available. Who are you looking forward to seeing?